Forum Discussion

abhijeetshelke
New Contributor
2 years ago

both TestComplete, TestExecutor get crashed while execution. showing problem - InProcessClient32.dll

Hi,

On one of my  VM, we have a Project suite for different modules for our Desktop based application.

Currently we are using TestComplete 15.31 + Web license

Till yesterday afternoon we were able to execute the project suite using TestComplete and TestExecutor.

But after that crash is observed. Now it is not able to execute the scripts for most of my modules.

Even we thought that there might be a problem of any dll so we repaired the installation, but there is no use of it.

It works for one of my module, but not for other module which is present under same Project Suite.

Attaching the exception details.

Please let me know in case of any solution.

Stack Trace - 

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TestComplete.exe
Application Version: 15.31.374.7
Application Timestamp: 6203d0f2
Fault Module Name: InProcessClient32.dll
Fault Module Version: 21.7.5.1080
Fault Module Timestamp: 61f02133
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004a3e3
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.144.8
Locale ID: 1031
Additional Information 1: f9be
Additional Information 2: f9be6d1dc00070a2e9488841e09120d2
Additional Information 3: fe12
Additional Information 4: fe12dc12adfcbd9524db4112df556649

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Thanks And Regards,

Abhijeet

2 Replies

Kitt
    Regular Contributor

I'm going to suggest a recent solution that might give you some throubleshooting steps to preform. InProcessClient32 might suggest there may be another instance running in the background. Perhaps when your application crashed and you attempted a repair/upgrade, a prior TC process was left hanging - leaving some orphaned services or reference keys...

"Open a Task Manager and see if you have an older version of TestComplete still running. Additionally you may want to check you registry keys for any reference to the older version of TC. [Solution Steps] "