Forum Discussion

Stoplight
Community Manager
2 months ago
Solved

Billing user

Originally posted by user jerlandsson to the Stoplight Community on 11/23/2022 at 07:04 ET.

Hi Stoplighters. We have a user account that is only there because it's the billing guy. He doesn't have access to the projects we create or anything. Does it make sense that such a user with the billing role takes up a spot? How would you suggest that we do it? He won't give away the card credentials for security reasons. We could kick him from the team and get him back on each year for paying the annual bill, but that is just cumbersome 😛

• Skinghar (Staff) [11/23/2022 - 10:38 ET]

If you are short on user numbers that would be the only other way to give your billing person only one time access at the time of renewal. Unless you choose to upgrade to a higher subscription. The other option would be to upgrade to Enterprise, let me know and we can then direct bill you and you won't need a billing guy at all. If you are interested in that option you can let me know, DM me all of your contact information and I will have my colleague reach out to you directly.

3 Replies

Stoplight
    Community Manager

Skinghar (Staff) [11/23/2022 - 10:38 ET]

If you are short on user numbers that would be the only other way to give your billing person only one time access at the time of renewal. Unless you choose to upgrade to a higher subscription. The other option would be to upgrade to Enterprise, let me know and we can then direct bill you and you won't need a billing guy at all. If you are interested in that option you can let me know, DM me all of your contact information and I will have my colleague reach out to you directly.

Stoplight
      Community Manager

jerlandsson (OP) [11/23/2022 - 10:52 ET]

Thanks for the info. Upgrading isn’t an option at this point. Maybe when our devs have had the time to evaluate the service. We’ll kick the billing guy out first then. I think that’s something y’all should consider changing because right the billing role doesn’t seem to fill any purpose and is taking up slots while not being an active user. If you want that kind of feedback 🙂

Thanks for a great product in general. Absolutely love it 🙂