Forum Discussion

siakhoo
Occasional Visitor
2 months ago

Zephyr Scale billing

Hi All,

I would like to know if I have multiple projects under my organization, can I limit Zephyr Scale access to a specific project? and will I be billed based on the number of users under that project only? Thanks.

Regards,

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

To my knowledge, billing is dictated by the terms of the Atlassian Marketplace, which when I looked last, is a 1:1 relationship to Jira licenses.  In other words, you are billed according to the number of Jira licenses you have.

Can you limit Scale access to a specific project, I'm not so sure.  Perhaps only certain admin roles can activate the product in a project, but I don't know - I tend to have admin access so it's always available as an option for me.

Facundo
    New Contributor

I have the same question.
    I want to use Jira throughout my organization, but I don't want to pay for the plugin for all users being that it is only used by the IT team on their project.

• I am unsure about the billing portion.

But you can only have ZS turned on for certain projects and it is only Admins that can turn it on or off.

From project settings > apps > zephyr scale you will see this

Facundo
      New Contributor

Yes, I can disable ZS for the other projects, but it doesn't seem to be taking that into account for billing. ZS keeps charging me for users who are on other projects with the app disabled.