Forum Discussion

dale2k9
New Contributor
11 years ago

Running/building from source code

I've downloaded the source for soapui but don't understand how to open it or build it. It doesn't appear to meet the requirements for opening as a project for eclipse or netbeans. Is there a different environment it is structured to fit? It's an awfully complex project to create from scratch.

Any help in getting the source to build will be appreciated.

4 Replies

SiKing
    Community Expert
    Have you tried:
    To build the SoapUI project run mvn clean install in the root folder.
    as per instructions?

To get it to work in Eclipse, you could try:
    mvn eclipse:eclipse
    at the root, although I have had problems getting it to build in Eclipse. For me it only works from Maven.
    dale2k9
    New Contributor
    I didn't notice that on the site before. Thanks for pointing it out.

Dale
    soverbosch
    Occasional Contributor
    I tried to build soapui (after downloading it from git) and both version 4.6.1 and 4.6.2 are failing with the following message:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project soapui: Compilation failure
    [ERROR] /tmp/git/soapui/soapui/src/main/java/com/eviware/soapui/impl/wsdl/support/wss/crypto/KeyMaterialWssCrypto.java:[226,37] error: no suitable method found for build(byte[],byte[],char[],char[])

The line is fails on is:

KeyStoreBuilder.build( Util.streamToBytes( new FileInputStream( sourceProperty.expand() ) ), getDefaultAlias().getBytes(),
    getPassword().toCharArray(), getAliasPassword().toCharArray() );

if I change this into:

KeyStoreBuilder.build(Util.streamToBytes( new FileInputStream( sourceProperty.expand() ) ), getDefaultAlias().getBytes(),
    getAliasPassword().toCharArray() );

Just wondering why this happends feels like the actual release differs from what is on git?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    What branch or tag are you trying to use?

As far as I know all of them should build (we're using Github in the dev team, same as you).

Regards,
    Manne