Forum Discussion

IP
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

[RESOLVED] WS-security functionality

L.S.,
As a newbie I'm trying to make a request on a website with WS-security functionality by username and password. Username and password are part of the soap-header. I've checked the correctness of the username and the password. They are ok.

Nevertheless the site returns in the response a soapfault namely  WSE012. This code is explained as "WSE012: The input was not a valid SOAP message because the following information is missing: action.". Apparently I am not sending any action through my request although the fields are filled in the soaprequest.

I've tried to find the solution to this error but did not succeed. Can anyone help?

Kind regards

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Please try enabling ws-addressing in requests WS-A inspector and then submitting the request.
    Let us know if that helped.

Regards,

/Dragica
    eviware.com
    IP
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the response.
    Unfortunately, enabling WS-adressing in the Test request still resulted in the same message. Also enabling "Add default wsa:Acton" gave the same result. Are there perhaps any standard actions that can be filled in other then enabling default wsa:Action?

I hope you have some options?

Kind regards
    IP
    Occasional Contributor
    L.S.,

From another forum I got a response. They suggested filling in the action-field with the namespace of the site (which I did) and filling in the "to-field", both of them in the WS-A tab. After filling in these two field I got rid of the error. Nevertheless, thanx for putting me on the right track.

It appears difficult, in general, to find more basic requirements with regard to field-values for using SOAP (not considering the official oasis-open documents, which are quite unreadable ;-)). I also found some usable information on the http://aws.amazon.com

sincerely
    IP