Forum Discussion

tejaswiyvs
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

[Resolved] WS Security, SoapUI

Hi,

I have a quick question regarding the digital signatures in SoapUI. I was working on implementing WS Security and connecting to a web service. The connection is working fine from Soap UI, and in my policy my signature section is defined as follows:

Keystore : <keystore name>.jks
Alias : <private key name>
Key Identifier Type : X509
Signature Algorithm : Default
Signature Canonicalization : Default
Use Single Certificate : Checked.
Parts : Empty, none added.

So my question is, which parts of the message does this signature actually sign? Does it just sign the whole message since I haven't specified any sections specifically?

Thanks,
Teja.

6 Replies

mrpbarre
    Occasional Contributor
    I have the same question.
    Teja, did you get an answer?
    Thanks in advance,
    Marcos
  • Hi,

I'll have the SoapUI developers take a further look at this. It may sign the entire message by default since I see web service security related things in the header and body of the web service I was able to invoke, but I'm not 100% sure of this.
    mrpbarre
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi!
    The link indicated by Erik has NO information on how to sign only parts of the body. It has some information on how to encrypt parts of the message, although the information is not accurate because it does NOT work.

When I tried to force configuration to sign only BODY, I could NOT find a way to make it to work. If you fill with anything, it will NOT sign at all!

(one possible configuration that does NOT work is:
    ID:blank
    Name:Body
    Namespace:http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope/
    Encode: Content or Element
    )

thank you again!
    Marcos.