Forum Discussion

kjhurni
New Contributor
15 years ago

SoapUI doesn't run on Windows XP or on SLES 10 SP2

I've downloaded the Windows 32-bit installer for Windows XP and it installed, but when I click the icon to run it, I get an hourglass for a few seconds and then nothing.  No errors, nothing in the Event Viewer logs, but no soapui either.

On SLES 10 SP2, I've installed the RPM and when you go to run it nothing happens.  NO errors, nothing.

Does SoapUI even work?  I don't seem to see a manual for installing or system requirements in case it needs something that's not on either machine (although you'd think you'd get an error message at that point).

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

hmm... can you open a command prompt, navigate to the \bin folder and run soapui.bat instead and see what happens?

Also, can you check for a soapui-errors.log file in the same directory and attach it here?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    kjhurni
    New Contributor
    Interesting.  The soapui.bat has a few errors about JAVA_HOME not set, but it does actually launch the soapui GUI.

How weird that the desktop icon and program menu items don't even get that far.

So at least I'm in business.

The bat file shows this:

JAVA_HOME is not set, unexpected results may occur.
    Set JAVA_HOME to the directory of your local JDK to avoid this message.
    Configuring log4j from [C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-3.0.1\bin\soapui-log4j.x
    ml]
    log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.jniwrapper.DefaultLibrary
    Loader).
    log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
    15:10:06,913 INFO  [DefaultSoapUICore] Creating new settings at [C:\Documents an
    d Settings\kjhurni\soapui-settings.xml]