Forum Discussion

LasseSL500
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Critical error detected c0000374

Hi, we bought AQTime 6.5 to profile an MFC C++ 32-bit application compiled with Visual Studio and running under Win7.

AQTime won't start our application. It just stops with the message "Critical error detected c0000374" and terminates.

It runs fine outside AQTime, but no luck with AQTime yet.

Help? 

9 Replies

LasseSL500
    Occasional Contributor
    It's Visual Studio 2010 and a Debug compile. Our app runs fine standalone (although parts are a bit sluggish, that's why we bought AQTime ;))

Help, anyone there?
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Lars,

To help us investigate the problem, please follow the instructions below:

1. Upgrade to the latest version of AQtime (ver. 7.30). You can download it from our web site: smartbear.com. After that, try to reproduce the behavior you've described. Does the problem remain?

2. If upgrading doesn't help, please send a sample application with which the problem can be reproduced to our Support Team so that we could find a solution and help you faster.

Thanks.

LasseSL500
    Occasional Contributor
    I downloaded the trial version of AQTime 7, and it works. It seems that AQTime 6.5 is flawed in some way, since it doesn't even start our application that we want to profile.

I've used AQTime for several years (previous versions) and never had any big problems before.

This trial version only works for 14 days, then it's back to 6.5 that doesn't work.

BTW, c0000374 is a code that means "heap corruption" (according to results when Googleing the code). It's unclear to me though if it's our application or AQTime 6.5 that causes heap corruption. My guess is AQTime 6.5 since there is no such problem with AQTime 7, nor with older versions of AQTime (that I have run with Visual Studio 2008 and VS 2005).

We are not very happy with AQTime 6.5. I don't know how to proceed.
    LasseSL500
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi again,

AQTime is a very nice product, when it works. But there's one ting that I find strange: when you run our application with AQTime - up pops a message dialog saying that some routines could not be instrumented because of "Unsafe code". Fine, I'm an assembly language programmer but I haven't taken the time to investigate what is meant with "Unsafe" -- but what makes me worried is the fact that the number of routines that are considered "Unsafe" differ between each run - even though nothing changes in the exe. This kind of pattern tells me that there is something uninitialized in AQTime - otherwise it couldn't produce unpredictable results - it should be the same behaviour every time.

I don't know how to proceed with AQTime 6.5?
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Lars,

the number of routines that are considered "Unsafe" differ between each run

The behavior isn't correct. If the application was compiled with debug information and the information isn't different for different runs, AQtime mustn't behave in such a manner.

So, based on the behavior you've described in the previous posts, I recommend that you follow the steps below:

1. Contact our Support Team.

2. Send your project and a sample application we could use to reproduce the behavior you've described to our Support Team.

Thanks.

LasseSL500
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

now we are in a new catch-22 situation: We bought version 6.5, but it stopped working withg VS 2010 when you published an update for it. So I downloaded and tried AQTime 7. It worked, however just for a week or two - so I have uninstalled it.

Now I really need AQTime to work, in order to test our application before we release it. I think it's a fair expectation since we bought and paid for it?

However 6.5 is still crashing and I cannot install the evaluation version of AQTime 7 - the Setup stops with the message:

"Setup has found that a Standard for Embarcadero RAD Studio versions of AQTime is installed on your computer.

Setup of Smartbear AQTime 7 Pro was aborted."

That's correct: I have RAD Studio - I use that too. But that doesn't help me - I need to use it from Visual Studio !!!!

Does this mean that it is impossible for me to use your software? Neither the one we bought and paid for, nor the evaluation version ????

By the way: just saying: every time I contact you, I usually get an "irritated" response from some guys in Denmark, saying that "you know that we are here to support you, don't you?". The problem is that there is nothing on your web page that refer to these guys in Denmark - so I don't know how it should be possible for me to know about them? I have 3000 other things to do, so I don't have time to memorize their email addresses. Just saying. :)

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Lars,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have such problems using our software. However, I just wanted to notice that forums are made for users so that they could describe problems to each other. I'm not a member of the Support Team, so I cannot promise you to solve the problem very fast as I have my own work to do.

As for the Support Team, the messages reported through the Contact Support form have the highest priority for them. So, I strongly recommend that you use this form to create a support case, and the Support Team will always reply to you in due time. Have you tried using this form?

As for installing the AQtime 7 trial, the installation may fail if you have AQtime Standard of the same version. So, to solve the problem, I recommend that you uninstall AQtime Standard first and then activate the trial version of AQtime. Does this help?

Also, there is one moment I wanted to clarify:

every time I contact you, I usually get an "irritated" response from some guys in Denmark

What way did you try to contact us? As far as I know, our Sales Team usually sends some messages after a user downloads a trial version of our product. If this is what you get, you can easily unsubscribe from these messages using the corresponding link in the messages you get. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope this information helps :)

LasseSL500
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

thanks for your response, and sorry if I sounded a bit irritated in my earlier post. Actually - I AM irritated - but I know that doesn't help much. :)

I cannot uninstall AQTime 7 standard, as that is part of Delphi XE, and I need that. It would be nice to be able to use AQTime 7 standard (the one bundled with Delphi), but that doesn't work - it only works with Delphi.

The thing that annoys me is that we bought it - but it doesn't work !! And instead of fixing that, support seems more interested in selling another software to me, be it another version of AQTime or another version of Delphi XE2.

I would be happier if the publishers/partners took responsibility and fixed what we already paid for - so it works! No selling - just fix it, make me a happy customer! :) 

As of right now, I would prefer the 6.5 version, as that used to work fine and we were happy with it. Unfortunately, as I wrote earlier : it stopped working for us with Visual Studio 10. However, I'll give it another try on Friday. The problem for me is that nobody pays me for time spent trying to install / uninstall different versions, and therefore I am less inclined to do this. That process can easily take several hours in front of my computer - and long telephone conversations with Denmark - time that I don't want to spend, and I loose money from.

Frankly, I think it's Softbear's responsibility to test their software with different versions of Visual Studio, and if it doesn'k work with certain versions - be clear about it. 

Or am I wrong? Is there something wrong with my computer? Are we the only ones having problems with 6.5 and Visual Studio 2010 ?

Best regards, I don't want to sound bad, I just want to be clear. :)
  • Hi Lars,

AQtime 6.5 should work with applications compiled in Visual Studio 2010. I have searched for registered issues in our database and have not found similar problems.

We can try to find a solution to the problem you have faced. Please go though our online AQtime troubleshooter. If it does not help you solve the problem, at least it will collect enough information to help us continue investigating the problem. Please submit a support case after following the instructions.