Forum Discussion

gdillen
New Contributor
11 years ago

Office 365 SharePoint Online 2013 REST with SoapUI

Im trying to run Office 365 SharePoint Online REST API calls. I get an error message:

<m:error xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata">
<m:code>-2147024891, System.UnauthorizedAccessException</m:code>
<m:message xml:lang="en-US">Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.</m:message>
</m:error>

- As authentication I tried different options:Global Http Settings / Preemptive / NTLM/Kerberos; obviously none of them work. Anyone can give me advice as what I'm doing wrong?
- Anyone succeeded running REST API calls on SharePoint Online 2013?

Thanks.

4 Replies

• I'm also interested in a solution. However, I did find a workaround. I used Fiddler to sniff my web traffic. I logged in to Office 365 SharePoint Online using my browser. I then copied the HTTP Cookie header from my browser's authenticated requests and added that to the requests in SoapUI.

I guess a solid solution would be to let SoapUI visit the Secure Token Webservice and get a session cookie. I haven't yet found out how to do this.
    tcorigli
    New Contributor
    Hi Izandman,

Can you please show through a print screen or explain how you detected the HTTP Cookie header of your browser when you logged in to Office 365 Sharepoint?
    Thanks in advance.
    tcorigli
    New Contributor
    Hi Izendman,

Can you please show or describe how you were able to identify the HTTP Cookue header in fiddler when accessing Office 365 Sharepoint?
    Thanks in advance
  • I am interested if anyone has a solution to this as well

Thanks

Nick