Forum Discussion

rjperes
New Contributor
13 years ago

Code Collaborator Client Won't Run

Hello,

I installed Code Collaborator client, but it won't run, and the same for the tray. I get absolutely no message, no error in the event viewer, or whatsoever. If I use the -debug switch, I get the following output.log file:

Configuration location:

file:/C:/Users/cswdev/.smartbear/ccollabtray/configuration/

Configuration file:

file:/C:/Users/cswdev/.smartbear/ccollabtray/configuration/config.ini not found or not read

Install location:

file:/C:/Program Files/Code Collaborator Client/ui/

Configuration file:

file:/C:/Program Files/Code Collaborator Client/ui/configuration/config.ini loaded

Shared configuration location:

file:/C:/Program Files/Code Collaborator Client/ui/configuration/

Framework located:

file:/C:/Program Files/Code Collaborator Client/ui/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.2.2.R32x_v20070118.jar

Framework classpath:

file:/C:/Program Files/Code Collaborator Client/ui/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.2.2.R32x_v20070118.jar

Debug options:

file:/C:/Program Files/Code Collaborator Client/.options loaded

Time to load bundles: 25

If I use the command line ccollab with the info command, I get this:

Connecting to Code Collaborator Server http://XXXX:8082/

Connected as: XXX XXX (xxx)

SCM system is configured to Auto-detect

Auto-detecting SCM System for 'C:\Program Files\Code Collaborator Client'.

No SCM system detected

What could be the cause of this? Does it require some specific Windows Service which may be stopped? Any way to debug this?

Thanks,

RP

2 Replies

Hannah
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    What version of Java do you have installed? Usually, when clients don't work as expected, it's due to an unsupported JRE installed. We require Sun/Oracle Java 1.6.
    rjperes
    New Contributor
    Hello,

Yes, Code Collaborator requires Java 6, and won't run with a superior version. The problem is that Java auto-updates itself, so, out of nowhere, I couldn't run CC anymore.

By the way, you should havesome kind of information, it's very annoying that you application just won't run and no message whatsoever is displayed.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

RP