Forum Discussion

Sambuko
New Contributor
9 years ago

Can't send emails

I installed CodeReviewer on linux server and it works fine. The only thing that doesn't work for me is sending mail. I use MS Exchange server, I got my service mail box for collaborator but when I try to send test e-mail I receive: "Error: Error sending email: Can't send command to SMTP host". I don't have any knowledge of administrating such software so I don't know where to start from. All I know for sure is that I can telnet exchange server ip from linux server and the problem is somewhere in collaborator settings.

3 Replies

OlegB
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Sambuko,

That error is likely due to a misconfiguration of your e-mail authentication settings. Please go to Admin->Email in the web portal, and verify the SMTP user name and password fields. If you intend to use anonymous SMTP, then please leave both of those fields blank.

Please note if your server require a secure connection, you may need to enable SSL/TLS for the connection, and see if that helps. In order to enable this in Collaborator, you must add some options to your ccollab-server.vmoptions file. This is located in the root of your Collaborator installation directory.

Please add the following lines:
    -Dsmartbear.mail.transport.protocol="smtp"
    -Dsmartbear.mail.smtp.auth="true"
    -Dsmartbear.mail.smtp.starttls.enable="true"

Note: the last line in a .vmoptions file must be followed by a new line.

Once you have done this, then you must restart the Collaborator service for the settings to take effect.

Sambuko
      New Contributor

Hi. Tried to do what you wrote here. It didn't help me :(

I attached you screenshots of current state of system:

OlegB
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Sambuko,

Are you sure that the smtp port for your server is 25? Can you ping it using the "telnet smtp.exmaple.com 25" command?