Forum Discussion

mbecker
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Execution id/status from cycle API

When i call the cycle API (zapi/latest/cycle/123), the data returns an execution summary. I need to get the individual executions. Id numbers would be fine, but ultimately, I need the status for each one.

When I call the the execution API for a specific execution (rest/zapi/latest/execution/12345) , all the data is there: status, cycleId, folderId, projectId. But using the various API calls (like zapi/latest/cycle/123/folders?...) that use those ID numbers will not return that same execution.

And when I call the general search (rest/zapi/latest/zql/executeSearch?zqlQuery=&maxRecords=1000) I see a whole list of executions, but none of them are in the cycle/folder/version/project I need. (maxRecords is larger than the number of records returned)

I don't think it's a permissions problem, because I can see the data in Jira, and I can access the individual execution record from the API

What am I missing? how do I get a list of all the executions in a cycle?

• Dear mbecker,

There is a rest API to fetch executions related cycle.

/rest/zapi/latest/execution?cycleId={cycleId}&action=expand&projectId={projectId}&versionId={versionId}&limit=10&offset=0

By Cycle: following end point fetch executions related to cycle

/rest/zapi/latest/execution?cycleId={cycleId}&limit=10&offset=0

By Folder: following endpoint fetch executions related to folder.

/rest/zapi/latest/execution?cycleId={cycleId}&folderId={folderId}&limit=10&offset=0

Thanks

Neelakanta

2 Replies

• Dear mbecker,

There is a rest API to fetch executions related cycle.

/rest/zapi/latest/execution?cycleId={cycleId}&action=expand&projectId={projectId}&versionId={versionId}&limit=10&offset=0

By Cycle: following end point fetch executions related to cycle

/rest/zapi/latest/execution?cycleId={cycleId}&limit=10&offset=0

By Folder: following endpoint fetch executions related to folder.

/rest/zapi/latest/execution?cycleId={cycleId}&folderId={folderId}&limit=10&offset=0

Thanks

Neelakanta

mbecker
      New Contributor

Thank you Neelakanta for the reply.

The Cycle api returns an empty set for executions, but adding the folder Id returned the executions data I needed. That's a huge step forward. Thank you!