Forum Discussion

richardsitcler
New Contributor
13 years ago

select software with Explorer

with TestComplete how does one use the context menu (?) of the Project Explorer panel to select a Test Application (code interface) after a project has been created?

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    I'm not sure I understand the question.   Are you trying to access the application under test?  Are you looking to access some aspect of Test Complete?  Could you describe what you are trying to do?  The terminology doesn't seem to work with what you're asking.
  • I have a project created. I want to associate a programming language with the project for writing scripts. How do you add a language to the project?   Also, there is a requirement to select "Tested Applications". I am associating them with the language selection and the two may not be related.

• The "Step-by-Step Tutorial" on the "Start Page" stated that you TC allows you to add language references in three ways;

" There are several ways to add applications to the list of tested

applications:

• You can do this with the Create NewProject wizard during project creation.

• You can do this at any time later by using the context menu of the Project Explorer panel.

• TestComplete can also add an application to a project automatically during

test recording. The recorder is smart enough to detect the start of an

application through the command line, Windows Explorer or any other way. After

the recording is over, TestComplete will add the tested application to the list

and insert the “Run Tested Application” command into the recorded test.

"  I am asking about the second way.  I just wonder if (and I will try) application can be added during test recording if it is not loaded locally?

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Okay, that's different than selecting the programming language for the scripts.

In this case, there should be a "Tested Applications" node in the project explorer.  If there isn't, you'll need to add it.  Right click on that and you should be able to then add a new application.

See

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/12341/