Forum Discussion

maxqiu
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

pass the parameter for the url

Hi Everyone,

I could pass the paramter for the username and password in the Jenkins. I tried the same way to pass the parameter for the url. I would like to know if there are some ways that I could pass the parameter for the url.

Best,

Max

maxqiu
    6 years ago

Hi,

But I checked the argument postion in the command line, and there are no special argument for the url. It is onlt for the username and password

Thanks

Max

• If your commandline doesn't contain a URL argument, you can't parse it out.  So, you will need to make sure that you create an argument for the URL.

It would be helpful, as usual, if you provide the commandline you are attempting to parse and the code you are attempting to use to find the URL.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Same methodology.  You would just need to retrieve the URL parameter from the commandline string from the appropriate argument position.  Nothing, technically, changes in this respect.

maxqiu
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

But I checked the argument postion in the command line, and there are no special argument for the url. It is onlt for the username and password

Thanks

Max

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

If your commandline doesn't contain a URL argument, you can't parse it out.  So, you will need to make sure that you create an argument for the URL.

It would be helpful, as usual, if you provide the commandline you are attempting to parse and the code you are attempting to use to find the URL.