Forum Discussion

nagel
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

maximize applications cmd when they are compiled with VS2015 (c++ compiler)

The maximize applications cmd fails when the tested app is compiled with VS2015 (c++ compiler).  The autotest works when the tested app is compiled with VS2013 c++ compiler. The error states "The window does not respond". Also the test seems to run much slower. Anyone else having these problems.

• This could work:

SET appWindow = Sys.Process("Test*te").Window("TUserForm")
    CALL Win32API.ShowWindow(appWindow.Handle, SW_MAXIMIZE)

Where you can assign the name of your Application Window from the NameMapping to the appWindow variable.

nagel
    9 years ago

Creating a seperate script to be called from the Keyword test is a WORKAROUND for the Keyword command Maximize not working. The script would contain the following statements:

SET appWindow = Sys.Process("Test*te").Window("TUserForm") CALL Win32API.ShowWindow(appWindow.Handle, SW_MAXIMIZE)

I have the Keyword Maximize command in hundreds of keyword tests.

So does any one know where to report bugs to SmartBear, so this can be addressed.

I will note this as a resolved workaround. Thanks again djadhav.

10 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Nagel,

What TestComplete version are you using? Please make sure that this compiler version is supported by TestComplete installed on you computer. You can check this in the the Testing C++Builder Applications - Overview ( http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/75483/ ) article.

nagel
      Occasional Contributor

We're using TestComplete 10.60.3387.7

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Nagel,

TestComplete 10.6 doesn’t officially support VS 2015. I suppose TestComplete 10.6 doesn’t correctly recognize your application built in the newest VS version. Thus, you get this error.

Support for VS 2015 was added to TestComplete 11.0. I recommend that you consider updating your TestComplete version.