Forum Discussion

rasool_saheb
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Delphi Compilation

Hi ,

1.My current Delphi application is client server.I have a client which is called “Solumin_Browser.exe”, when I compile it I will have to compile both client and server?

My current application server is in diffrent OS(Linux,UNIX and Windows) however client is "Solumina_Browser",please let me know If  I compile client is fine?

2.If use "Strip TDS" to extract debug info, for next builds no need to compile the application again?

Regards,

Rasool

tristaanogre
    8 years ago

I'm not sure I understand your last question.  Every machine that you want to test your application on needs to have the executable and the debug info on it. OS shouldn't matter, really. It's all about the debug info created by the compiler.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

1) Any application you intend to run tests against in TestComplete needs to be compiled with the appropriate settings for what you need (debug info, etc). If you are only running your tests against the browser, then all you need to do is compile the browser. However, if you tests interact with the server portion, then you will need to compile the server as well.

2) Any time an application changes, the debug info, etc, has the potential to change. While it might not ALWAYS be necessary to recompile the debug info every time, it kind of makes sense, in an automation environment, to recompile each time. It's easier to just schedule your automation builds to always do the same thing rather than having to manually choose from build to build.  You risk, any time you DON'T recompile the debug info, potentially missing something.

rasool_saheb
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks Tristaanogre.

If I extract debug info using the "STRIP.TDS " can I use same for other environments if in case no code change?

Regards,

Rasool

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure I understand your last question.  Every machine that you want to test your application on needs to have the executable and the debug info on it. OS shouldn't matter, really. It's all about the debug info created by the compiler.