Forum Discussion

leeasdf9
Frequent Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

jp2launcher.exe process crashed

On win8.1 if TC starts the tested java application, we receive in test log this error message "jp2launcher.exe process crashed" occationally, but on desktop everything works normally, tests are finished without any blocking issues.

I tried to add sys.refresh() and refreshmapping actions before application start event, but it still happens from time to time.

64bit system

duo core 2.13ghz

available physical memory 4G

available virtual memory 4G

java heap size 512mb 

• Hi Lee,

Any chance to upgrade to either TC10.6 or TC11 (or rollback Java to some previous version for the verification purposes) ?

I remember that I had similair problems with one of TC 10.x versions and Java, but I don't remember exact version numbers.

TC10.6 worked fine for me with Java that was actual 3-4 months ago.

4 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Exact version of TC?

Exact version and bitness of Java?

Excerpt of test code that causes crash?

leeasdf9
      Frequent Contributor

Exact version of TC?

TC10.5

Exact version and bitness of Java?

1.8.0_25

Excerpt of test code that causes crash?

Process("jp2launcher").SwingObject("JPanel").SwingObject("JButton").click();

Hi Alex,

As you see, it is about a standard javapanel and the click action on the java button of panel triggers application start, at this point tc catches a error in testlog.

I created a ticket about ie process crash long time ago, it seems to be a similar situation. But the solutions for ie crash do not help me in this case of java crash.

Any idea what could be done against this error report? Anybody receives this kind of error?

http://community.smartbear.com/t5/Functional-Web-Testing/The-iexplore-exe-process-crashed/

Thanks,

Lee

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Lee,

Any chance to upgrade to either TC10.6 or TC11 (or rollback Java to some previous version for the verification purposes) ?

I remember that I had similair problems with one of TC 10.x versions and Java, but I don't remember exact version numbers.

TC10.6 worked fine for me with Java that was actual 3-4 months ago.