Forum Discussion

baxatob
Community Hero
9 years ago
Solved

iOS testing on virtual machine through RDP

Hi,

Is it possible to run mobile tests on virtual machine with disconnected RDP (with help of tscon)?

• Hi,

> iOS device ---> USB ---> Local Machine ---> RDP ---> Remote Server 

No, this will not work. Right now TestComplete can access only devices attached via USB to the same machine where TestComplete is running.

6 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

It should be possible if the device with the tested application can be connected to this virtual machine via USB.

baxatob
      Community Hero

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reply. 

I am facing troubles - my master pc can see the device, but the remote server not.

I use standard RDP client for Windows, I setup "Local devices" and select the "Apple iPad" in the list. then I successfully connect to the remote server (Windows Server 2008 R2) and device does not appear here. 

Does anybody ever connect iOS device this way?

Thank you

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

Is this the setup that you have:

-- Virtual machine is running on the remote server (Windows Server 2008 R2);

-- Mobile device is connected to this virtual machine and is accessible from it (virtual machine);

-- TestComplete / TestExecute is installed on the virtual machine;

-- You are accessing virtual machine via RDP from your local machine.

If the above setup is correct, then TestComplete running on the virtual machine should be able to access the mobile device connected to the same virtual machine. (Assuming that required setup as per TestComplete's documentation is done.) And I think that tests should continue to run after you disconnect your RDP session using tscon.