Forum Discussion

kcsahu777
Contributor
13 years ago

flex application object not appearing in object browser.

I am using Test complete version 8.10.487.7

I tried testing sample flex application "http://www.automatedqa.com/examples/testcomplete/flex/"

After adding "MacromediaFlashPlayerActiveX" in in list of accepted windows  of  Project Properties=>Open Applications=>MSAA  I could able to name map grid object as well as buttons in it. But Why I am not able to see those objects in object browser?

Object browser only shows  upto 3 levels as below

Sys

->Process("iexplore")

->Window("IEDummyFrame", "", 1)

Also while name mapping using "Map object from Screen" it gives message as the application is compiled in swc V5, to enable test complete to access internal properties you need to compile the application with the FlexClient.swc library v2 that is part of the TestComplete package.

1 Reply

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Krushna,

I have two questions:

1. Why did you add the mentioned window to the MSAA project properties? I didn't find such instructions in TestComplete help.

2. Is it possible that you upgrade your TestComplete license to the latest version of the product (ver. 8.70)? The fact is that I used this version and everything worked fine. In other words, I failed to reproduce the behavior you described on the latest update of TestComplete. Also, there is no need to add the "MacromediaFlashPlayerActiveX" item in the list of accepted windows, as TestComplete 8.70 automatically recognizes all the objects of the mentioned Flex example.

I hope, this information helps :)