Forum Discussion

Neel
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

couldn't find any method to interact with fpspread70

could any one help me out with methods to interact with fpspread70. i want to pass columnName and RowName to intract with fpspread70. I'm building test script using Jscipt.

Thanks,

Neel 

11 Replies

Neel
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I've used so many methods to just retrieve data and i have visited above posted all the links but non of it helped me. it would be great if someone can list out methods to retrieve cell text.

I'm able to see attached properties. 

Colin_McCrae
      Community Hero

Has it been compiled with debug information available? (I have no idea how you'd go about this as I don't know your application!)

In the post I linked to, Tanya did mention this may be required. You won't get the native properties and methods without it. Do you see a "Debug Agent" section when you view properties for it? (In advanced mode) If don't it's not compiled that way and that's your next step. You development team will need to help you out with that.

The list of properties in your screenshot is very small. You're going to need a lot more than that (which probably means the native ones) if you want to do anything meaningful with it.

Neel
        Occasional Contributor

I've turned on Debug agent as well, but i couldn't find any native methods over there. is it possible to convert that object type to grid type explicitly? 

Neel
    Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'am able to interact with fpspread70 using  Text recognition technique, but still looking for a way to work this object as grid.

Thanks all for your support.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

As mentioned elsewhere, you should investigate using native methods.  In other worse, there is a property (based upon your screenshot) of NativeCPPObject.  If you follow that, there should be a bunch of properties and methods there that perhaps you can access... the way you would do so would be, for example as from the other thread the GetText() method, 

Sys.Process('powersheet')...Window('fpSpread7','',1).NativeCPPObject.GetText(...)

See if that helps out.

Neel
        Occasional Contributor

I am not able to find any method or properties under NativeCPPObject. is there any way to get methods and properties?