Forum Discussion

santoshthenge
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

cefsharp browsersubprocess.exe is not identified by testcomplete.

Hello Support Team,

I am working on CefSharp application but test complete can not  identify web pages controls cef application. When web is open in the cefsharp application (Chromium Embedded Framework). 

I have check that web open by browsersubprocess.exe but this exe is not identify by test complete in object browser.

Please help me If any one face this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Santosh 

5 Replies

sanjay0288
    Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Before addressing the query few additional details are needed.

1. Is it a WPF cefsharp application?

2. What is the version of the testcomplete you are using.

Did you try preparing the CEF based application link mentioned in the smartbear portal? Meanwhile you can go through the below mentioned links and inform about the outcome

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/cef.html

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/cef-support.html

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Feature-Requests/When-will-TestComplete-support-NET-winform-CEF3-CefSharp-based/idi-p/95562

I am working on a CEF based application using testcomplete 11.31 and so far with the links provided above and with a few workarounds able to automate the application

santoshthenge
      Occasional Contributor

Hello Sanjay 

Thank you for reply.

1.We are lunching cef application from from Winform application.

2. I am using testComplete 12

I have gone through both processes

1. Hook the application by commnad line parameter

2. Manually the instrument of cef application 

Please refer below image cefsharp.browserprocess.exe is not identify testcomplete 12

Please refer below image for where web page is lunched by cef application

sanjay0288
        Frequent Contributor

santoshthenge wrote:

Hello Sanjay 

Thank you for reply.

1.We are lunching cef application from from Winform application.

2. I am using testComplete 12

I have gone through both processes

1. Hook the application by commnad line parameter

2. Manually the instrument of cef application 

Please refer below image for where web page is lunched by cef application

Hello Santosh,
          If I understand correct you are having a Winform process through which the CEF based application will be invoked? In that case I am afraid that the objects will not get recognized in this scenario. In order to get accessibility to CEF based applications you have to add the CEF application under "Tested Apps" and launch that application through test complete.
        The only possible solution what I am seeing here is if you have access to your developers ask them to inject cefhook code as mentioned in Smartbear link provided earlier while building the application exe and provide the build.