Your iOS application is linked to a static version of the TestComplete Agent library
Hi Smartbear team,
I'm getting "Your iOS application is linked to a static version of a TestComplete Agent library" error when trying to add my tested application to the project.
I'm using TestComplete v.15.0.379.7.
Before adding my app to the Test Complete project the app was instrumented in Xcode according to these instructions:
Steps to reproduce:
1) Click the "Show Mobile Screen" item
2) Select a connected device (iPhone 6s)
3) Click 'Add Tested Application' button
3) Select folder with myapp.ipa (already instrumented) file
4) Click 'Next'
5) After app analyzing appears "Your iOS application is linked to a static version of the TestComplete Agent library" window:
6) If I choose 'Add the application "as is"' option my app is installing and launching on the phone but on the 'Mobile Screen' window is not visible:
Note: I can’t instrument our app in TestComplete UI because you require a Provisioning profile for it, but we don't use it for our app.
What could be the reason for this error and how can I launch my app with TestComplete on a real device?
Hi Yuriy, thanks for reaching out,
With TestComplete's legacy mobile testing, it is only necessary to instrument that application in one of the following methods;
- Using Xcode
- Within TestComplete itself
Since you've already instrumented the application, there's no need to try a second time. The error you're seeing - "Your iOS application is linked to a static version of the TestComplete Agent library" - is a result of that. Using "as is" is the correct procedure.
As for the empty mobile screen - have you prepared the computer running TestComplete, and also the iPhone for mobile testing according to the following documented procedures?
If so, we can dig into this further to see what may be going on.
Finally, it may be worth looking into the newer method of testing mobile apps using Appium, since it gives a wider breadth of app capabilities that can be tested. It may work better in your case.
Thanks and regards,