Forum Discussion

allenj2020
Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Wrong timestamp on TestComplete log in Jenkins

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out why the TestComplete Test Results entry in a Jenkins build always shows one hour later than the correct time.

Here's an example from this morning:

I launch a basic pipeline test at 11:12 am, which only takes a couple of minutes to complete.

The pipeline history shows the new build number at 11:12 am.

I click on the build number and it takes me to the build details page, which shows 11:12:25 AM in the header.

From this page I can click on the TestComplete Test Results link, which has a list of all the test items executed. 

In this case there is only one, and it shows a start time of 12:12:35 PM !

Now I click on the test item, and it shows the detailed Test Execution Summary, where the times are again correct starting at 11:12:35 AM.

Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this?

All test systems are located in the same office, in US Eastern time zone.  

The only time zone setting I could find anywhere is for the Jenkins user, and changing it did not affect the TestComplete Test Results time, only the Jenkins build details time.

Thanks.

Allen

• To sum this up - the devs provided an HPI file of the TestComplete Jenkins plugin to fix the issue and it did work!

4 Replies

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for providing the link, Marsha.

allenj2020  I've found your case ticket (ID 00489613). Looks like this behavior was reproduced by the team and now devs are looking into this. 

Please share the final solution with us, it could prove useful to a lot of people going forward. Thank you!

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

To sum this up - the devs provided an HPI file of the TestComplete Jenkins plugin to fix the issue and it did work!