Forum Discussion

dipali
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

When I'm using MSAA feature it's causing a crash in OLEACC.DLL with exception 0xc0000005

Faulting module name: OLEACC.dll, version: 7.2.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x54504030
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000001dd0
Faulting process id: 0xd94
Faulting application start time: 0x01d38fb55074d5f0
Faulting application path: C:\deploy\Release64\desktop\_application.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\OLEACC.dll
Report Id: a04af675-fba8-11e7-80cf-00155d01834c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID

TestComplete is running on Windows 2012 R2 server.

I have got a project suite with two projects running one after other with MSAA feature turned on for each project(current project properties). e.g.

1) P1  - login, step2 (jscript function using MSAA), step3 etc..

2) P2 - login, step2 (jscript function using MSAA), step 3 etc..

Batch script runs at the start of each project to shut down any already running instances of application and then re-launching the application 

The crash happens while running the batch script for P2 (i.e after shut down script and before re-launch script)

However even if it's causing an application to crash it does proceed with running my next test steps successfully.

So I'm not sure if I really need to bother about this crash? And if yes what could be root cause and how should I resolve it?

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

My guess, and this is EXACTLY that, a guess... is that the shut down/application end of P1 is not completely finished when P2 starts so TestComplete tries to bind with the application on P2 and then it shuts down causing the conflict.  What you might want to do is put some code in your application in the shut down script to wait until the process is fully closed before going on to the next.