Forum Discussion

John_OR
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

WaitWindow is returning a window that doesn't match the selection criteria

When I'm expecting a stub object back from WaitWindow I'm instead getting a different window that doesn't match my WndCaption.  I'm pretty sure this was working as expected until I upgraded to v15.  My expectation is I get back a stub object with .Exists = False

Does anyone know what's up with this?

Thanks, John

3 Replies

tphillips
    Frequent Contributor

It would be really useful if you could test this against TestComplete 14 if it's possible.

Can you include details about the Window Class (WndClass) of the resulting object? Do you get any warning or messages about ambiguous object recognition in the test log (or any other messages)?

What type of object is Aliases.Sys.Ezp.Session.Client? Is it a Window object?

John_OR
      Occasional Contributor

Hi, thanks for the response.

>It would be really useful if you could test this against TestComplete 14 if it's possible.<

The test passed when last run with v14.  The project has since been upgraded to v15 format as have my installations of TestComplete and TestExecute.  There is no going back now.

>Can you include details about the Window Class (WndClass) of the resulting object?<

I'm having trouble parsing that question.  What "details" are you looking for?  Yes, there is a log warning about an ambiguous window recognition.  Perhaps this screen capture will address the question:

>What type of object is Aliases.Sys.Ezp.Session.Client? Is it a Window object?<

Client is a WndClass MDIClient

Best regards, John