Forum Discussion

Hal2005
New Contributor
9 years ago

WPF application crashes while using TestComplete to record a test.

I am having an issue using TestComplete to record specific actions in a WPF application.

There are two situations that cause the WPF application to crash everytime while recording. 

1. Closing the applicaiton. it goes into an infinite loop of trying to update the application any other actions taken cause the application to not respond and crash

2. Selecting the start scenario button in the application causes the same issue mentioned above.

any ideas?

3 Replies

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

It's not clear what you have done and when did crash..can you elaborate steps and behaviors of application and TC in each step..?

Hal2005
      New Contributor

I began by launching TestComplete 

if i use an existing project or create a new one it makes no difference

I select record keyword test

my WPF application launches 

this WPF application is a simulator, when i choose to run the simulation the application saves its data, it shows this by displaying a form that says 'updating' and has a loading bar 

this process takes only seconds under regular conditions

with testcomplete recording the 'updating' bar goes into an infine loop and any clicks thereafter will crash the application. 

Strange thing is when i playback the recording my application does not crash when the simulation launch step is reached.

is there any other detail i can add to make this more clear?

NisHera
        Valued Contributor

Dose your application satisfy all conditions in here ?

Can you spy paticuler object course crashing?

what dose TC log says?