Forum Discussion

srilatha_1
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Unable to retrieve the color item in a listview

Hi,

I have a list view with items and color is one of the item in the list and i need to get/read the color.

I can retrive the String or number but not color. what property i can use to extract the color.

Can anyone help me how to get/read the color in a list view box?

Thanks,

Srilatha

3 Replies

• Hi Srilatha,

Could you please provide us with a screenshot showing what you need to retrieve and describe the task in greater detail? Also, please provide me with the following information so I can help you:

- What is the value of the WndClass property of the control (you can check it using the Object Browser)? If the control is a .NET control, please tell me the value of the ClrFullClassName property.

- What is the name of the component used to implement the control?

- What language and IDE were used to create the application?

- If the control is not a standard one, let me know its vendor and version.

Thanks in advance.
    srilatha_1
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Allen,

here are the answers for your questions, please find the attached screenshot of what I'm referring to.  let me know if you need any more information.

>What is the value of the WndClass property of the control (you can check it using the Object Browser)? If the control is a .NET control, please tell me the value of the ClrFullClassName property. 

WndClass property for listview is "WindowsForms10.SysListView32.app.0.3ce0bb8_r40_ad1"

.NET , ClrFullClassName property is "GTI.Controls.GTIListView"

>What is the name of the component used to implement the control?   - I don't have idea of name of the component used to implement this control

>What language and IDE were used to create the application? I belive it is VC++

Thank,

Srilatha
  • Hi Srilatha,

Your application seems to be a Windows Forms .NET application. TestComplete has full access to the native methods and properties of objects in such applications. This means that you can ask the application developers how they get information you need using the native methods and properties of objects in the application and, most probably, you will be able to use the same approach in your TestComplete test.

I cannot suggest what exactly native members you need to use since the control you are working with is a custom control. If you want us to investigate it, please send us your application or a sample application contacting the same control with the Color column. You can contact us directly using the Contact Support form.