Forum Discussion

anhvu
Frequent Contributor
9 years ago

Unable to highlight object with testcomplete version 11.11

I updated TestComplete to version 11.11 and I got issue with highlight object. I'm unable to highlight for android app which was intrumented to TestComplete.

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Anhvu,

Did you instrument your application via TestComplete 11.11? If you didn’t it makes sense to give it a try.

anhvu
      Frequent Contributor

Hi, 

I tried to instrument the app with TC 11.11 but I'm unable to highlight the control via Object Spy. Moreover, the TestComplete is not responding when I tried to work with the app name Rdio.

you can have you team to try with this app. You will see the issue.

Now, I can:

1- Install the app via TestComplete

2- Open the app

3- Log In to the app

4- Play the music 

Then TestComplete will be not responding. I terminate the app, TestComplete works as normal. If I open the app again, then TestComplete will be not responding untill I close the app. If I try to do Object Spy, I will get error "Unspecified Error" and TestComplete will be closed.

My computer:

1 - Core i7

2- 16 GB RAM

3- HDD: 580 GB free of 698 GB.

Please help and thank you in advance.

I have also reported the issue to TestComplete team.

Dear Anh,

Thank you for sending a crash report. We have created a new Case #00139184: "TestComplete v.11 crash report" and assigned it with the High priority. We will analyze the crash report and respond to you as soon as possible. If you have additional information about the scenario that caused the crash, please send it to us as a response to this e-mail. This may help us suggest a solution sooner.

Sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing because of this problem.

To be able to track the status of your submission online, please register in our Case Management Portal using this link:
      https://smartbear-cc.force.com/portal/SupPortalCreateUser?id=0037000001seA41AAE

anhvu
        Frequent Contributor

The same scripts for Rdio app, sometimes TestComplete can run them but most of the times testcomplete will be NOT RESPONDING and the TestComplete will take a long time to Stop.

I do believe Object Spy has an issue for looking controls/properties.

Please help