Forum Discussion

yeshwini
4 years ago
Solved

Unable to configure and run all tests on Jenkins with TestComplete

Connecting to the bitbucket and then trying to run my tests with the xml suite file.

But unable to complete the configuration and run all the tests .

Getting the below error message

c

• i think the error is related to a "mis-configuration" of your testcomplete build step.

When you specify the project suite file to run, it is not an xml file, it has a ".pjs" extension.

additionally, i see that you were specifying an absolute file path when you were defining the project suite file to run. this is redundant/incorrect as you are pulling the files from your scm. 

you will also see a note that asks you to provide a relative path from the workspace where the project is built. the workspace will be within the "workspace" folder of your root jenkins directory. for windows, this is typically in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\Workspace\{projectName} or any directory you specified/reconfigured as your root. you will also see within those directories, copies of the files that you "git fetch" from your scm. 

once you specify the correct extension file and the correct reference path, you should not see that error anymore

1 Reply

• i think the error is related to a "mis-configuration" of your testcomplete build step.

When you specify the project suite file to run, it is not an xml file, it has a ".pjs" extension.

additionally, i see that you were specifying an absolute file path when you were defining the project suite file to run. this is redundant/incorrect as you are pulling the files from your scm. 

you will also see a note that asks you to provide a relative path from the workspace where the project is built. the workspace will be within the "workspace" folder of your root jenkins directory. for windows, this is typically in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\Workspace\{projectName} or any directory you specified/reconfigured as your root. you will also see within those directories, copies of the files that you "git fetch" from your scm. 

once you specify the correct extension file and the correct reference path, you should not see that error anymore