Forum Discussion

jjackson150
Occasional Contributor
11 months ago

Unable to Schedule Unattended Tests with Jenkins

Our organization purchased a dedicated Windows 10 desktop to scheduled our TestComplete tests. I've developed a Jenkins pipeline using the TestComplete plugin. The pipeline and plugin executes our TC tests perfectly, but once we disconnect from the RDP (remote desktop) session, the tests fail, as the tests can longer interact with the GUI. I've investigated several solutions, but nothing has worked. The solution that aligns best with what we need, is this: https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Questions/The-operation-cannot-be-performed-because-the-user-session-is/m-p/206172#M4158

I attempted the solution in this community post and it almost worked! The Jenkins agent Windows service was successfully created and the agent is able to open a batch file, but it's unable to launch TestComplete (despite the log).
[TestComplete] Launching the test runner.
Everything in the logs look good, but when TC is supposed to launch, it never does. The test will sit in this state indefinitely. 

I've also created a wrapper script (e.g. batch file) that opens TestComplete and same result. Everything in the logs look good, but when TC is supposed to launch, it never does. The test will sit in this state indefinitely. 

5 Replies