Forum Discussion

BjoernS
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

The window is invisible and thus cannot be activated

Hi,

i want to test a C#-Application with TestComplete 8.0.290.7 and i have a problem.

I have a lot of keywordTests and if i run the tests one by one, all tests run successful.

But if i want to run the whole Test Suite, 3 or 4 tests (sometimes more or all ests but 3 or 5) will be failed with the message "The 'ToolBar' window is invisible and thus cannot be activated.". After this message, my program run (i can see it) but every teststep of my test will fail with "The object does not exist." (or another error-message).

In every test, i will start the program at the beginning and close it at the end, so if any test fail, it cannot affect the next test.

Can anybody help me?

1 Reply

• Hello Bjoern,

To start with, I recommend that you upgrade to the latest 8.10 version of the tool. 

The "window is invisible and thus cannot be activated" message means that the corresponding target window is not shown on the screen. Probably, the tested application had not displayed the 'ToolBar' control yet by the moment TestComplete tried to access it. 

First of all, try adding a delay before the problematic code line to give the tested application some time to display the needed window. You can find Delay Operation among the Miscellaneous operations group of Keyword Test Editor.

Does this help?