Forum Discussion

maumrm
Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

The specified browser was not found. [Current Browser]

I am getting failures for Navigating to an address based on the "Current Browser". These steps do not fail during a full test run, but if I start the test midway these will fail, not sure why they work in some instances but not others. I am iterating through a browser loop, so for these direct navigation steps I am using "Current Browser", if I am just using Chrome or just Edge and set these steps to those browsers there are no failures.

Example: 

Item: Navigate

Value: ProjectSuite.Variables.sitetorun

Operation: Current Browser

Failure: "The specified browser was not found. [Current Browser]"

TestComplete is able to run previous steps if started midway - it's not like it isn't seeing the browser. But the step of Navigating fails. Should I be doing something else other than "Current Browser" for these steps?

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Without seeing the code, it's hard to tell. There's something that's being executed that allows this to work that you are skipping when you run the test midway. For troubleshooting, I suggest starting the midway test a few steps earlier than you are doing now and see if that works. If not, back up a few steps more and keep doing that until it works. That will help you narrow down the needed commands.

maumrm
      Contributor

So this is the start of the test, if I stop the test at the Navigate step, then start from the "textboxUsername" step the Navigate steps fails. It would seem to be something to do with the "Browser Loop" step. If it starts from there everything works, but that doesn't allow me to start from the middle, or any point beyond the beginning. 

Is there some property that Test Complete is keeping for what is the "Current Browser" because of the "Browser Loop" that is lost if the test is not starting from that point? Almost like before each Navigate step I need something to tell what the "Current Browser" is, since that could be Chrome, Edge, etc, but is not called "Current Browser".