Forum Discussion

hina
Contributor
2 years ago

Text Recognition is not working

I have the image below in the application I am using:

When I try to click the links in the image by using the coordinates it works:

Sys["Process"]("AXISEL")["WinFormsObject"]("MainForm")["WinFormsObject"]("splitContainer1")["WinFormsObject"]("SplitterPanel", "", 1)["WinFormsObject"]("NavigationBar")["Click"](57, 128);

When I try to click the links in the image by using the Text Recognition, it doesn't work:

Sys["Process"]("AXISEL")["WinFormsObject"]("MainForm")["WinFormsObject"]("splitContainer1")["WinFormsObject"]("SplitterPanel", "", 1)["WinFormsObject"]("NavigationBar")["TextObject"]("Work Areas").Click();

I checked the object tree, there are no TextObjects in object tree:

Another option to click the text in the image is to use OCR, but I don't have the license to use OCR. What can I do to click the text in the image?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hina

12 Replies

hina
      Contributor

Yes I did enabled the Text Recognition.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Did this part work before?  Does text recognition work for you in some other part of your test?

hina
      Contributor

Hi Marsha, 

It's my first time using the Text Recognition and it's not working.

Thanks,

Hina

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Hi Hina - 

I understand that it's not working for you in this case, but I was asking in case this was an intermittent problem. Since we can't see what you're working on, we sometimes have to ask a lot of questions to figure out what's going on. Sorry about that. 😉

What version of TestComplete are you using?

hina
      Contributor

They are not sure if it's going to work with Text Recognition. Besides Text Recognition what other options do I have to solve my issue?