Forum Discussion

vanithamalepaty
New Contributor
10 years ago

Testexecute closes Application Under Test after completing a task

Testexecute closes the application under test after completing a task and at the time of starting another task  in distributed testing 

4 Replies

• to add on to the issue , i have selected Login mode as Manual and action After run as Nothing 

is there a way to avoid application under test being closed

mstrecker
    New Contributor
    Hi,

i have the same problem.

I use a Job (with Task) to initialize the Applications under Test (more than one) befor the test begins.

But when i begin the Test (in a seperate Job) the already started AuT isn't running anymore.

I tried to reproduce this problem. When i start some Applications in a Job (Task) and start another Job after it, the started Application is not running anymode.

Can anybody help us?
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Let me explain how tasks are executed on a host: 

if the Automatic login mode is selected for a specific host, each task running on this host will be started with closing the previously opened Windows session and opening a new one. This is on purpose behavior. In case when it doesn't suit your needs, you can work around it in the following way: for the host, change the Login mode to Manual before running the second and subsequent tasks there so that the previously opened Windows session is used and a new one won't be opened.