Forum Discussion

sunsmile
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

TestExecute Application Error Window

Hi,

I am running my test scripts via command line parameters and occasionally application error window appears in test execute. Is there anyway to close this application error window or prevent it from not happening? Attached is the screen shot of the error.

6 Replies

• Hi,

To help us investigate the problem, follow the steps below:

1. Download AQtime.

2. Install and start it.

3. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.

4. In the Open File dialog, select the TestExecute.exe file and click Open.

5. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.

6. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.

7. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.

8. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start the profiling.

9. AQtime will start TestExecute and trace all exceptions that will occur in the application until it is closed.

10. Reproduce the problem in TestExecute.

11. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.

12. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send it to us.
    ChrisH
    Occasional Contributor
    Hey.  Sorry to dig up an old thread, but was there ever a resolution found for this problem?  We are getting the exact same error message (except the second memory address is different), and it is occurring when TestExecute attempts to close after performing a test run.  It doesn't happen every time, but usually once in every 20 test runs.

We're running TestExecute version 7.51.667.11, on a Server 2003 virtual machine.  If you need me to supply more information just let me know.

Chris
    sunsmile
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

We migrated to TestExecute 8 and the problem no longer occurs. For TC7 you might want to insert below script at the start of your script run.

Good Luck!!

//CloseTestExecuteApplicationErrorWindow function closes the

// TestExecute/TestComplete memory leak error window.

function CloseTestExecuteApplicationErrorWindow()

{

if(Sys.WaitProcess("csrss").Exists)

{

if(Sys.Process("csrss").WaitWindow("#32770", "*",0).Exists)

{

Sys.Process("csrss").Window("#32770", "*").Window("Button", "OK").Click();

Log.Message("Closing unexpected TestExecute application error window.");                                                                                

}

}

}

ChrisH
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks Pradeep, but unfortunately we are unable to upgrade to TC8 because of licensing costs.

Regarding the code snippet you posted, the problem is that when trying to fire up a second copy of TestExecute it finds that there is already one open (the one stuck on the memory error screen) and so automatically closes as you can only have one instance open at a time.  Therefore the script to close the error message doesn't actually get executed.  Unless I am missing a command line parameter or configuration option which can let you run more than one instance, I don't think this code will work in our case.
    ChrisH
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi.  I am still getting this error during our test runs.  Is there a fix for it, and if not is it possible that one will be implemented?
  • Hello Chris,

Please try upgrading to version 7.52. Minor upgrades are free, so you can download this version from your ClientServices account.

Does this solve the problem?