Forum Discussion

Hloni
Occasional Contributor
12 months ago

TestComplete won't recognize objects.

When recording keyword test TestComplete wont recognize the object I'm hovering over. It'll just highlight the entire perimeter of the screen and press nothing. Just wondering what could be cause this, is it a Hardware issue, cause most times when I run my tests my Laptop does stutter and Jam up. I did a follow up with our IT department to see if I need mora RAM or a better CPU, I then found out that I have 32 Gs of  RAM, with a very capable CPU. I have exhausted all solutions I could think of. Any ideas as to how I can resolve this issue.

13 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

That's not the Users tab processes. You need to ensure that you have TCHookX86.exe and TestComplete Chrome Host appearing (while Chrome or Edge and TestComplete is opened).

And if the processes do not exist, then you need to install About SmartBear Test Extension using the Manual Installation. 

Also, check that the process is not being killed by your anti virus software or IT group policy.

Object Browser without those processes

Object Browser with those processes

KB1
    Champion Level 2

Sometimes this happens to me when I'm runnning the same instance twice.
    So when I have Edge 2 times open on the same webpage sometimes it'll conflict with each other.

Can you see the different Objects when going through the object browser?

Hloni
      Occasional Contributor

No I cannot I've tried to use the object finder, it also doesn't work nothing works after the application starts Bugg. Even old test don't work as the Keyword tests don't recognize objects.

Hloni
      Occasional Contributor

I've enabled the extension in the browser however in regards to the other extensions that appear underneath the app on task manager, I've no clue how to ensure they're installed and working. But they don't show 

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Your old test don't work - so what has changed that has caused your keyword tests to fail now?

Hloni
      Occasional Contributor

Nothing, which is the weird thing. Like we'll go for lunch having recorded simple tests. Login tests for example and make it loop through 5 profiles, and come back to an error, whereby the test wont even do the first step of clicking a button. We've used call object functions, tried if statements. Nothing seems to work. I've checked the patches and downloads for different browsers and Devices. I just don't know what to look for since I've not had that much experience with the application.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You've mentioned "different browsers" and "devices". I'm curious to know what browsers are you using, and what devices are you using?

There are times where you will have to sit down, and watch the automation to see if anything abnormal is going on.

Hloni
      Occasional Contributor

I appreciate the references to the documentation.  I've been over it all of it. TWICE. With regards to what browser I'm using and Devices.

I'm using a MSI

with a 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor 

with a 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1195G7 @ 2.90GHz 2.92 GHz processor

with Windows 11 Enterprise

TestComplete version 15.50.7

Chrome Version 112.0.5615.137 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Microsoft Edge Version 112.0.1722.48 (Official build) (64-bit)

Sorry I missed that question. (yes it is installed)

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Your computer spec is fine and meets the System Requirements. Can you confirm that you are using TestComplete x64?

Do you have admin permissions? Can you confirm that the SmartBear Test Extension is not being blocked in anyway?

Can you confirm that you have these four processes running beneath Task Manager

Hloni
      Occasional Contributor

Not sure about all four processes.

Yes I am using TestComplete x64.

How do I confirm I have admin permissions?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If these processes are not appearing in Task Manager, Users tab. Then it most likely means that your group policy or anti virus is preventing these processes from running.

You need to consult this issue with your IT.