Forum Discussion

hiepwork08
Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

TestComplete not support Chrome Browser

Hi,

I am using the following products:

Chrome version 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (64-bit)

TestComplete 14.81.217.7 x64

However, I am getting the message which says SmartBear Test Extension for Chrome is not enabled. TestComplete will not record any actions in Chrome until you enable it.

To do this, restart all you browser process, including background ones...

I have actioned the message but still the issue exists.

I have to issue with FireFox however.

• If this is about Web testing (since this is posted in Mobile Applications), I had to overcome a quite similar issue with this warning.

Solution:

* Re-install TestComplete (the installation should reset the browser plug-in)

* Ensure the Chrome plug-in is automatically installed and enabled after the re-installation (works for Edge, etc. as well)

Generally, if you have issues with the browser plug-ins (group policies, unable to change config of the plug-in, etc.), just re-install TC.

3 Replies

delink
    Occasional Contributor

If this is about Web testing (since this is posted in Mobile Applications), I had to overcome a quite similar issue with this warning.

Solution:

* Re-install TestComplete (the installation should reset the browser plug-in)

* Ensure the Chrome plug-in is automatically installed and enabled after the re-installation (works for Edge, etc. as well)

Generally, if you have issues with the browser plug-ins (group policies, unable to change config of the plug-in, etc.), just re-install TC.

hiepwork08
      Contributor

Oops must have selected the wrong settings. Question was for web-based testing on desktop not mobile.

I will give your suggestion a try.