Forum Discussion

andrewa
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

TestComplete 'missing' button clicks with Chrome TC 12.42 Windows 2008 Server

So I got Chrome to work on our remote Windows 2008 Server, but then I started seeing some really odd behavior when running our web suite.  It was having problems logging in, so I investigated and it looks like when it tries to click the 'Next' button to proceed, it clicks an area above the button.

When I try to object spy the page, it actually won't highlight the Next button. Everything seems to work find on my local machine.

I've attached some pictures of the behavior I'm seeing. Has anyone encountered this?

I guess I can temporarily get around this by running the web portion of the suite locally until I can figure this out.

• Final solution from the support staff:

"The developers suspect that an Accessibility server was not registered on your machine for some reason. This library is a part of Windows and should be installed along with the operating system. To register the library, open the Command Prompt and execute the following command line: 

regsvr32 oleacc.dll"

That solved the problems I was seeing.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Make sure that the "Zoom" setting in Chrome on that machine is at 100%.  If it's zoomed in or out, you may see that behavior.

andrewa
      Contributor

Looks like the zoom was at 100%, but I'm having trouble getting Test Complete to run the test again. Now I'm getting some 'access denied' error when trying to save the project file.

andrewa
        Contributor

Final solution from the support staff:

"The developers suspect that an Accessibility server was not registered on your machine for some reason. This library is a part of Windows and should be installed along with the operating system. To register the library, open the Command Prompt and execute the following command line: 

regsvr32 oleacc.dll"

That solved the problems I was seeing.