Forum Discussion

jkrolczy
Regular Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

TestComplete \ Azure DevOps : Trying to understand how to setup and use

I am looking for some guidance on using Azure DevOps and TestComplete.

TestComplete\Testexecute 14.6

Hyper-V Win10 OS (As Master\Agent)

I currently run Team City Jobs that go to a Master and from through a Networking Job\Tasks to Slaves for distributed testing.

How can the above concept be done with Azure DevOps ? or can it ?

Or is Azure DevOps used to run scripts in a different concept:

Individually, By Project, Tag, Test Item group?

I am also trying to get a Pipeline setup to execute a test script, but block here due to something not setup correctly yet.  The Test filter criteria is a little confusing to understand how to set up. Cannot find a test to run?

I have a TestComplete\TestExecute elevated privilege issue also.  My UAC is set to low.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/azure/test-adapter/build-pipeline.html#assemblies

I am aware of the 2 links for TestComplete and Azure DevOps and the internal SmartBear documentation.

Is there any other materials, videos, webinars, etc. to go to that provides additional info.

Examples ?

• jkrolczy  I have a suggestion, could you check that the project is copied to the repository and is copied to the agent. 

As for the Test filter criteria - this is not obligatory. The whole project can be run.  

I've also made our Doc Team aware that these articles can be improved.

1 Reply

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

jkrolczy  I have a suggestion, could you check that the project is copied to the repository and is copied to the agent. 

As for the Test filter criteria - this is not obligatory. The whole project can be run.  

I've also made our Doc Team aware that these articles can be improved.