Forum Discussion

rpfaucher1
Contributor
2 years ago

TestComplete - Appium Local Server, Android Mobile Device and SPY?

Hello, I have the latest TC installed, of course with support for Mobile... currently I am testing against a Android (OS = 12) physical Mobile device connected via USB.... I have run into an issue where I am trying to SPY certain objects on my Mobile Display.... in this case, I click on a certain item.... it expands a list of perhaps 10-12 items and I want to click on one of these .... what happens is I invoke SPY and it draws the red rectangle around the entire list of the 10-12 items.... I am unable to click on any one item in the list/display.... in the past when I had used "Legacy" ... I could capture an image and click on it etc.... as far as I know, now, using Appium with Local server for my Mobile testing, that is no longer possible.... is there some way I can indeed click on one of these items being displayed?   The rectangle show the display it "sees" as design_navigation_view (not sure if that helps or not).

So, on the Mobile Device, I click on a certain item and it expands a Rectangular window on the mobile device that shows a number of items that are clickable... but they SPY only see's the rectangular window that expands and NOT the clickable item within in.

Thanks for any and all assistance - it's appreciated.

Or can I use "Region" and/or X/Y Axis to be able to click/tough what I want on the Mobile Display?

No RepliesBe the first to reply