Forum Discussion

NicolaFilosa_SE
Contributor
2 years ago

Test Objects not recognized

I'm having a big issue with TestComplete. I do the recording of the test and then, when I play it, TestComplete does not recognize some objects that I've just recorded. If I Add Object sometimes it add another object, not recognizing the previous one, and sometimes it tolds me that the object already exists but when I try to use it TestComplete says "Object does not exist". The version is the 14.50.976 one

10 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

TestComplete is working fine, so it seems that the mapped object for "toolbarTitlebar" properties have changed. I suggested you compare both mapped object properties between your existing project and the new project, and see what's changed.

If you're using something like an "Id" property in your mapped object, then the Id number may be changing.

• Hi Masha, we tried to enable Self-Healing mode but the checkbox is disabled. The other tips present are not usefull for us because they don't refer to our problem. We can't understand why the first playback after the recording fails. (Log Error "Object "XXX" does not exist")

• We want to share with you the last episode happened. We have a routine that is consolidated and verified few days ago. We just tried today to run it again but it does not work because more than one object does not exist. We report below one of the button that TS does not find. We tried to "update" but nothing happened because it is still red. 

NicolaFilosa_SE
        Contributor

Yesterday I viewed those videos. They are useful but don't solve our issue. The problem isn't in the software that we are testing, it didn't change recently, but in TestComplete. Yesterday we red about the "Self-Healing", we tried to install it but we don't have the "Intelligent Quality" add. Could this Self-Healing solve our problems?

Thank in advance

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Is this a Web or Desktop application?

1. Create a new project.
    2. Disable Extended Find in Tools -> Options -> Engines -> Use extended find when possible
    3. Use the Object Spy tool to identify each of the UI controls. You should see a red rectangle appearing as you move the mouse cursor on each UI controls
    4. Map your "buttonBtnSave" UI control, and use the default names
    5. Use "Check for Name Mapping updates", all UI controls should show as green dot.

If step 3 doesn't work. Can you confirm you have installed SmartBear Test Extension in the browser you are using.

NicolaFilosa_SE
      Contributor

Our application is a desktop application with an embedded web application in the center of the screen. 

The path of the button, not complete, is the following:

Sys.Process("EWApplication").Window("LogicLab_MainFrame", "AHU_Large_1 - EcoStruxureâ„¢ Machine Expert - HVAC - C:\\Progetti_ESME\\AHU_Large_1\\AHU_Large_1.plcprj", 1).Window("XTPDockBar", "xtpBarTop", 1).ToolBar("TitleBar").Window("Shell Embedding", "", 1).Window("Shell DocObject View", "", 1).Window("Internet Explorer_Server", "", 1).Page("file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Schneider%20Electric/EcoStruxureMachineExpertHVAC_BETA/Application/templates/TitleBar.html")

Do you recommend us to use css format? Thanks in advance

NicolaFilosa_SE
      Contributor

I mapped an object, disabling the option "Use extended find when possible" and now all the branches of the object tree are green. Why the object are css now?