Forum Discussion

RaresB
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Test Execute runs tests at screen resolution or less than 800x600 on a slave machine

Hi,

I'm running tests from TestExecute on a slave machine with Jenkins.

The problem is that the screen is displayed at resolution or less than 800x600 and the some objects from the browser are not visible becasue the browser looks like is minimized and thus cannot be clicked.

Is there an option to change the resolution at wich the screen is rendered so the tests will not be afected by the minimized displayed?

Colin_McCrae
    9 years ago

I don't know Jenkins, but I tend to agree with Alex in that the screen resolution of the slave (assuming it's virtual?) machine should be something you can configure.

When running on a VM with TestExecute I make sure the VM is configured with a 1920x1080 display to match the development environment ....

9 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

I did not use Jenkins a lot but I think that resolution of the slave machine is Jenkin's configurational matter. (Though you should be able to change it during test execution by calling some API function using Win32 object provided by TestComplete.)

What I would recommend is to call the <object>.ScrollIntoView method before clicking or typing into the tested object.

E.g.:

oButton.ScrollIntoView(false);

oButton.Click

ScrollIntoView is a method provided by DOM, not by TestComplete. It is supported by all browsers and you should be able to find its description in whether MSDN, or Firefox, or Chrome.

RaresB
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the suggestion, we already use the ScrollIntoView() method to scroll upside/down on the local machines where we have the screen at full size.

Due to the small resize of the screen on the slave machine the problem persists because a scroll from right to left and viceversa is also needed for objects to became visible.

joseph_michaud

In the Advanced section of the Jenkins "TestComplete Test" build step, what is your selection for "Run interactive user session" and the User and "Use active session" values in that section?

What size screen do you get when you log in to the slave manually as that specified user?