Forum Discussion

pclarke
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Test Complete not finding objects in salesforce

I am trying to automate tests for Salesforce but I am struggling to identify any objects all I get back is 

Sys.Process("chrome").BrowserWindow(0).Client("Google Chrome").Client(1).Client(0).Document(0)

essentially the whole web page - even the Object Browser does not identify any lower level objects.

has anyone had experience of testing Salesforce CRM?

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

First of all, if SalesForce is a web application (which it seems to be), are you licensed for web application testing?

If you are, you should see, in your object browser, Sys.Browser('chrome').Page(<url>) for the sales force web page.  That is what you're going to want to reference to get to your components, not the browser window.

Colin_McCrae
      Community Hero

And also, what version of TestComplete are you using, and what version of Chrome?

If you are trying to use an older version of TC on the latest version of Chrome, you're going to have problems ....

pclarke
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help but the problem has been resolved by the fact that the users are going to be using IE so no need to test in Chrome (for now) and IE works perfectly.

But for info Chrome version 43.02357.81 (version held on our Citrix environments) and TC 12.10.602.7

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

For Chrome, make sure that the browser has SmartBear extension installed and enabled.  If it does not, this is probably why Chrome is not working for you. see https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/chrome.html

Doing some quick looking around, that version of Chrome SHOULD be supported by TC 12... however, it is about 13 versions behind the live version of Chrome (Chrome is at version 56 right now).  Have you tried updating Chrome to the latest and see if the problem still occurs (again, checking for the extension).