Forum Discussion

faisal_mohd
New Contributor
10 years ago

Test Complete Cannot open after installation

Hi,

I'm facing problems with TestComplete 10.30. i've installed the application but then i cannot open the apps. Even try to downgrade to 10.20 the same error persist. I attach the error files.

7 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Faisal,

Did you change the default installation folder on C:\Program Files when installing TestComplete? If you open the C:\program files (x86)\smartbear\testcomplete 10\bin\ folder in Windows Explorer, can you locate the TestComplete.exe file?

• Hi,

yes. everything in there, but when i double click the apps the error as per screenshot.

there's another error i forgot to upload when it install the testcomplete.
    TanyaYatskovska
    Have you tried launching TestComplete as an administrator? For this, select TestComplete's executable file right-clicking on it and choose "Run as Administrator". If you get the same error, I would suggest that you try installing TestComplete one more time as an administrator (choose "Run as Administrator" over the installation file).

If none of these helps, could you please contact our TestComplete Support team?

• all step that you suggest already been tried and the result is same.

i already submit to the support team but still dont get any answer from them.

TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Faisal,

If the Support Team helped you solve the issue, could you please post the solution here?

• Hi,

We haven't received any solution for support team. i just can't wait too long and reinstall back the OS and install the software. Even restore point cannot fix this error.

Thank you.
    TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Faisal,

Just to clarify: 

Do I get it right that the issue disappears after reinstalling the OS? 

As for your request to the Support team, that's very strange that you didn't get any response from them. Could you please post the ID of the ticket you submitted?