Forum Discussion

sree2011
Contributor
9 years ago

Test Complete 11 Slow in identifying the objects

We are using Test Complete 11 version for developeing a performance script for our application. We are using a timer in our script to calculate the time taken for various functionalities within the application. Script was developed in TC 9 and upgraded to TC 11. Previously this script was working fine without any issues. Now after upgrading to TC 11, we have noticied that identifying the objects has become slow and due to this we are getting impact on the performance readings which we are capturing using the timers. Could you please suggest on this. By seeing the script execution itself it seems identifying each object test complete 11 is taking more time. I have tried to use .Exists, Visible, VisibleOnScreen properties for these objects but all are taking time. I had also tried to use find methods(FindAll and FindChild) which is also taking time. Please help

6 Replies

• Hi,

Can you please provide more information, is it window/web(IE, Chrome) based application?

It will be helpful to provide related solution

Thanks

Kamal

sree2011
      Contributor

Hi Kamal,

Thank you for reply. It is a Desktop WPF Application.

Thanks & Regards,

Sree

layfonchian
      New Contributor

Hi,

I am facing this issue as well. 

very slow on locating object and even type in certain string inside located object in XBAP application also very slow

Remove string inside a textbox and add "1/1/2015" also took about 3 minutes 

Browser: Internet Explorer 10

Target : XBAP application (WPF web application)

sree2011
      Contributor

I am still facing this issue. Can anyone please reply. Due to this issue, our current application performance readings have gone high. I can see that for each object Test Complete 11 takes a minimum of 4 - 5 seconds to identify. This was not the case with Test Complete 9. TC 9 used to recognize the objects very fast. In my application I have a scenario where I am uploading a document and in my Test Complete scripts I have to capture the time taken for uploading the document. So I am starting a timer when I click on upload button and stops the timer when the document uploaded successfully message comes up. This script was working perfectly when it was in Test Complete 9. After upgrading to Test Complete 11, the same script takes time to recognize the document uploaded successfully message and hence the readings comes higher. Please help as our client is losing the confidence in our Performance Scripts due to this.

djadhav
        Regular Contributor

Can you post a screenshot of the success messsage and also how you have mapped it?