Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

TC10 vs TC7 Object spy

Hi

Using Embarcadero Delphi XE2.

I have question. Using Object Spy in TC7 i had (in flat mode) something like:

Sys.Process('DMS').fmEditForm230.cbData_3

The same component in TC10 is shown as:

Sys.Process('DMS').VCLObject('fmEditForm230').VCLObject('cbData')

How can I get rid of this "VCLObject" info? Is this possible?

In tree mode it is more difficult to understand:

Sys.Process('DMS').VCLObject('fmEditForm230').VCLObject('pcData').Window('TDataTabSheet', 'Dane identyfikacyjne', 1).VCLObject('fmDataForm230').VCLObject('sbMain').VCLObject('pDockCode').VCLObject('gbCarCode').VCLObject('frmPageControlFrame').VCLObject('pcData').Window('TFrmDataTabSheet', 'Kodyfikacja wg producenta', 1).VCLObject('fmDataForm240').VCLObject('gbProducerCode').VCLObject('frmModel').VCLObject('cbData')

That's why I'm using flat mode. But there are problems in recognizing components between TC7 and TC10 (my post: http://smartbear.com/forums/f74/t92118/tc10-problems-in-flat-mode/)

Can anybody help me?

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Wojciech,

You need to enable the automatic Name Mapping when recording:

Tools | Options | Engines | Name Mapping | Map object names automatically

JBR
    Occasional Contributor
    I don't know if it's what I wanted.

I've turned on "Map object names automatically" but it recognize only objects, that are added to namemapping. If I point something for the first time it shows i.e. VCLObject('fmEditForm230') still.

Is it possible in any way?

If I don't want to use namemapping will TC10 shows anytime objects without "VCLObject" at the beginning?
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Wojciech,

I've turned on "Map object names automatically" but it recognize only objects, that are added to namemapping. If I point something for the first time it shows i.e. VCLObject('fmEditForm230') still.

This is exactly how the automatic mapping works. Here is the quote from the "Name Mapping Options Dialog" article:

If this option is enabled, TestComplete automatically generates custom names for objects that you are working with and have not yet been mapped. This happens in the following cases:

- During test recording. TestComplete detects which windows and controls you are performing actions over and maps them if they have not been mapped.

- When adding keyword test operations that work with objects and processes in your keyword tests (for instance, when you are adding the On-Screen Action operation and using the target glyph to specify the desired object on screen.

- When creating checkpoints, for instance, when you create an object, property or region checkpoint and use the target glyph to specify the desired object or window.