Forum Discussion

heidi_n
Regular Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Using Chrome with TC10?

I'm trying to use Chrome with TC10, and have a few questions...

1) It looks like I have the Chrome extension enabled correctly, right? Do I need to do anything else?

chrome_settings.png

2) How should I add Chrome as a tested app? Generic Windows App, or Web Application?

3) In my test, I have a step where I type in the URL, but my test just says "about blank" and doesn't navigate to the url I typed in. How would I fix that?

url.png

• I am answering my own question after I found the solution.

I copied the tcCrExtension folder from another working machine and dropped the tcCrExtension.crx file onto the extensions in chrome. Not sure if Smartbear provides these files extensively.

--

Regards,

Ragaveendra BN

4 Replies

RNagraj
    New Contributor

I am answering my own question after I found the solution.

I copied the tcCrExtension folder from another working machine and dropped the tcCrExtension.crx file onto the extensions in chrome. Not sure if Smartbear provides these files extensively.

--

Regards,

Ragaveendra BN

heidi_n
      Regular Contributor

Hi Tanya,

I re-recorded, and it's working now!

RNagraj
      New Contributor

hi,

For some reason on my Windows 8 machine the extensions does not show up in the Chrome -- Extensions. I tried to drag drop from the <Program Files>\<Common Files>\SmartBear\tcCrExtension\<alphanumeric_ID> folder but I don't have the tcCrExtension folder at all. Also, I updated to the latest Chrome 42 extension as well.

Please advice.

--

Thanks & regards,

Ragaveendra BN