Forum Discussion

kikaider69
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

TC does not seem to recognize objects from the name mapping fields

I am setting up my last page and it is getting frustrating.

I am simply trying to validate the  labels on the page and TC is not cooperating!

I use object spy to look at a label. It is successful.  I click one button and the label is highlighted. I click another and find it in the object browser.

I click the object in teh object browser and it still finds the object in the page.  So then I assign a value to name_mapping as it is not currently there.  So i verify in mapped name is present in the aliases. it takes me to the mapped objects.  Once I am at the mapped objects link, i then attempt to find the object in the page which has not changed.  I get the following message:

The underlying object does not exist.

This is really annoying. I go back to the objects page and it is there. It takes me to name mapping tab and i find the name i assigned it. when I cright click and try to highlight object in browser it fails again. HELP!

An error occurred while calling the "innerText" method or property of the "Confirm_PW_label" object.

The object or one of its parent objects does not exist.

Tested Object

Alias: Aliases.iexplore.Siemens.panelWrapper.panelContent.panelContentMiddle1.formUserProfileForm.panel.panelEditNameWrapper.panelFormCheckboxes.Confirm_PW_label
Mapping item: NameMapping.Sys.iexplore.Siemens.panelWrapper.panelContent.panelContentMiddle1.formUserProfileForm.panel.panelEditNameWrapper.panelFormCheckboxes.Confirm_PW_label

Missing Object

Alias: Aliases.iexplore.Siemens.panelWrapper.panelContent.panelContentMiddle1.formUserProfileForm.panel.panelEditNameWrapper.panelFormCheckboxes
Mapping item: NameMapping.Sys.iexplore.Siemens.panelWrapper.panelContent.panelContentMiddle1.formUserProfileForm.panel.panelEditNameWrapper.panelFormCheckboxes

Possible causes of the error

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Check your Windows Task Manager and see how many instances of IEXPLORE are present.  If there is more than one, the problem has to do with the fact that there are multiple IE instances present in memory and it's really anybodies guess as to which one will show up.

This would be my first track of investigation.  There are several articles here on this forum as well as an article or two in their white-papers available here on the SmartBear site that document how to turn that off using the registry editor.

See if this helps.