Forum Discussion

madnut
Contributor
13 years ago

TC 8.7 Out Of Memory issue

Hi!

I've just updated TC to 8.7 version and realized that it unable to finish execution of the whole project due to 'Out Of Memory' issue.

Previous version of TC (8.6) generate this error only after a long period of activity and it was enough to run the whole suite several times. But now I'm unable to execute even half of tests.

Could someone tell me what is the cause of the issue and how to resolve it?

Thanks,

Oleksiy

1 Reply

• Hi,

To help us investigate the problem, please contact our Support Team and send them the following information:

1. The TestComplete project you are using.

2. The application under test.

3. Dump files generated when the error occurs. To generate the dumps, follow the steps below:

1) Download the Debugging Tools for Windows package from:

http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/debuggers/dbg_x86_6.11.1.404.msi

and install it.

2) When TestComplete hangs, open the "Start | Run..." dialog and execute the following command:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg.exe" -pn TestComplete.exe -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\TCDump1.dmp;q"

This command will make WinDbg write a memory dump of the TestComplete.exe process to the "C:\TCDump1.dmp" dump file. After the dump is written, WinDbg will be closed.

3) If your tested application is still running (check this via Task Manager), generate a memory dump for its process as well:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg.exe" -pn APPLICATION_PROCESS -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\AppDump1.dmp;q"

(change APPLICATION_PROCESS to the actual name of the tested application's process that you can see in Task Manager)

4) Wait for two minutes.

5) Repeat steps 2-4 twice more (but correct the dump file names in the command lines).

6) Send us all of the generated dump files.

Thanks in advance.