Forum Discussion

ztilleto_1
Contributor
13 years ago

Sys.Process("iexplore", 2).ToURL - Waits after 8.50 upgrade

After I upgraded to TC 8.50 from TC 8 I have had some problems with how ToUrl works, with IE 9.0. 

Before I had it running and it would accept the Windows Security window and then go forward, and I could then handle the Security Window in the script.

Now it just hangs when the Windows Security window pops, and first when that window is manually closed, continues the script.

Is this working as intended? (Or should the Windows security window be handled and accepted as prior)

Currently workaround is to enter the url into the address box and then do a wait for the Windows Security window instead.

Regards,

3 Replies

• Hi Mike,

First of all, please check whether the behavior persists in TestComplete 8.60. If it does, please provide me with an image of the problematic window you see, so I can try to reproduce this behavior on our side. At the moment, I'm not sure what window you actually see.

BTW, I suppose that it should be possible to prevent IE from showing the window at all via changing some IE settings.

• I have the same problem with IE9 and TC 8.60.665.7. ToUrl waits very long. This problem doesn't exist with FF 6. I don't want to change the IE settings because bypassing this pop-up window is part of the test. The window is caused by .htaccess login. Is there "nicer" workaround for this than using the address bar?